Tuesday 27 August 2013

What to Expect from Katie in the (Veggie) Kitchen...

Tonight was a leftovers night - I reheated some of my aubergine risotto from last week and it was still pretty good, I have to say (though nothing can beat fresh from the pan). I went for a swim after work, so didn't feel like cooking by the time I got home at 7.45 - and I'm always starving after a swim! - so leftovers it was.

But I really wanted to blog about something, even though I wasn't cooking, so I thought I'd use this as an opportunity to tell you about some of my ideas for this blog. What you, my lovely readers, can expect to see me blogging about over the coming days, weeks, months, and years.

I have had my first request already, as one reader asked me about vegetarian jelly (Jell-O to my American friends!) - does it exist, where can it be found, and is it any good? So that is one future post you can expect. I have done some research, but need to go out and buy and then prepare and actually taste the various offerings. So if you're looking for the best animal-free jelly, I will have a post for you just around the corner!

I would also like to give some ideas of quick, tasty lunches that are easy to pack up and take to work. I know that I am always looking for more interesting lunches but they also need to be quick to prepare. I often get questions from my workmates about what I'm having for lunch, as it looks so good, so I figure my ideas might be of interest to you too!

A challenge I have been set by a couple of friends is really easy vegetarian recipes for people with a fear of the kitchen! I remember Carrie Bradshaw once commenting that she uses her oven to store sweaters - if you can relate to that, then I hope to give you some basic recipes that you can follow and enjoy, and will cause you to find a new home for those sweaters!

I hope to also write some product reviews. Much as I love cooking from scratch, I know not everyone loves it as much as I do, and I do think that products such as those in the Quorn range have their place in a vegetarian diet. I sometimes use Quorn chicken pieces in my stir fries, and funnily enough, my meat-eating boyfriend really loves Quorn mince, so we use that too. So I'm hoping that I can review any new meat alternative products that come to market, to let you know what I think of them.

And I love going out for meals, so some restaurant-related chat may find its way onto my blog.

If you have an idea of what you'd like to see me write about, I'd love for you to comment below to let me know. I want to write a blog that is enjoyable to read but also useful, and the best way for me to know I'm doing that, is if you comment and let me know what you want. Simple as that! Thanks in advance :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...!